Watling Street Galleries is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Use and collection of personal information
We may use the contact details that you provide in the follow ways:
• To contact you in connection only with orders or purchases you may have placed with us and to notify you of completion dates or delays. Your personal details are then destroyed once your order has left our premises.
• Using information provided voluntarily by you to make a purchase and to enable us to process payment for billing purposes.
• To update you about new products and services that you have specifically requested.
We will only contact you with your consent.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party or for commercial reasons.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We use a technology called “cookies”, which are widely used across the Internet. Cookies are small text files that are created by a web server and stored on your computer when you visit a website. They don’t do anything i.e. they are not executable code and can only be read by (you and) the website that created them. You can view and edit the cookies on your computer like any other text file using a text editor (the contents are usually just strings of unique identifiers and date/timestamps). The website that created the cookie can read the contents when you are at their website.
• To record analytics data
• Measure the website’s performance
• To identify what site referred the visitor to the website
All the major browsers allow you to block cookies and delete those that have already been created on your computer, usually within the ‘Tools’ section of the browser. These tools allow you to specify which cookies you will accept by type and often by specific websites using an exception list e.g. you can block all cookies and then list the website from which you will accept cookies.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it.