Towcester Town Hall through an Artist’s eyes.
We have had various artist depict our Town Hall over the years, but these are the best ones yet. Four very different styles all of which are available to but at Watling Street Galleries.
The Town Hall and Corn Exchange was built in 1865 under the direction of its architect T.H.Vernon. Its construction was due entirely to Towcester’s Victorian forefathers who formed a company, issued shares and raised the capital to build it. Its friendly Italianate frontage is a reminder of their confidence and enterprise. In 1983 for the first time in its 118 years existence, it became the responsibility of the Parish Council.